It is currently Fri Apr 25, 2014 12:11 am

Just bought Viking H Class 600E - Help? 
Post Just bought Viking H Class 600E - Help?
Hi everyone, I just purchased this machine because my Brother PE700 II seized up on me and will be in the hospital for 3 weeks. No way can I go that long without an Embroidery machine so I got this one. Now for my really silly question. I can not for the live of me figure out how to get the design to start exactly where I want it to start on the shirt I have put in the hoop and on the machine! :( I should mention it took me awhile to figure it out on the Brother but once I did, it always is just where I want it to be. :D
Thank You for any help you can give me.
Molly P

Sat Feb 26, 2011 8:42 pm

Machines: Babylock Esante
Pfaff Select 4.0
Singer Stylist II Serger

Software: 3D Embroidery
Monogram Wizard
Learning Embird -sigh-
Post Re: Just bought Viking H Class 600E - Help?
Hi Molly,

I have not used this machine before, but I have used the Singer Futura CE250.
What kind of embroidery software are you using to transfer your design to the machine ?
Are you putting the design in hus. or shv. format ? (need to ask)

Does the screen give an error message ?

Also, I am not an expert at software, but can you move your design in the hoop on the
computer ? Or once you have your design can you move the hoop to where you want it to start ?

Most important, don't get frustrated ( I speak from experience) hysterical

Practice first on a scrap fabric, and READ, READ, the manual, follow each step.

Whenever we get a new machine, we know how to do our previous steps for our other machines, we
think that there must be some similar steps, but nine times out of ten they don't follow the same procedures LOL

I went to the Viking site, of course there is not any information.

Hopefully one of the "Wisdom Women" on this site can help out, or have a referral.

Hang in there.

Cindy

Mon Feb 28, 2011 10:59 am
Profile WWW
Thanks Cindy!
It is in Pes format but the software converts it to HUS. The software is HUS and it came with the machine.
I can do tons of stuff with the software on the computer like more the design, separate it, re-size it and change the hoop size. Once I have done everything I want with the design on the computer I transfer it to the machine. Now is my problem. I can not seem to move the needle to adjust where the design will print on the fabric. You know, how sometimes when you hoop say a towel and it is not quite in the center so you adjust your starting point a little?
I went to the dealer yesterday and she could not figure it out either. Today she is calling Husqvarna. We both decided if I can't more the needle placement on the machine, it is useless and will be returned.
I will let you know the outcome and thanks again!

Mon Feb 28, 2011 12:05 pm

Pfaff Select 4.0
Singer Stylist II Serger

Monogram Wizard
Learning Embird -sigh-
Molly,

I know what you are talking about, on my machine, and others with the screen on them you can move the hoop
it has arrows in different directions.

In the software of the Singer, it had a help built in. See if your software shows you how to move the hoop
before you send the design. Maybe this is what you are looking for.

There should be a tutorial, or help in the software, do you need to make sure the machine is connected
before it will open up ?

Cindy

Mon Feb 28, 2011 12:59 pm
Profile WWW
Yes, this type machine has to be hooked up to the computer to work. I have read the help and 90 page manual several times but will try once more. Maybe I "can't see the forest because of the trees" LOL (I think that is how the saying goes)

Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:50 pm

Pfaff Select 4.0
Singer Stylist II Serger

Monogram Wizard
Learning Embird -sigh-
Molly,

I wanted to give you one more choice for help. If you are on Facebook go to Singer Co. Facebook page
there are people there that own/sew with Futura's.

Your Viking is the same, with the software etc...

There is a Lady by the name of Nancy Richter who answers help questions, first you have to click on the Like button
at the top. Then when it says post something type in:

Nancy Richter I need your help. Tell her that you need to know how to move your hoop to place your needle,
tell her you have the Viking which is the Futura, believe it or not. She is very knowledgeable on this machine.

I hope that you will get an answer before the day is over :D

Sometimes you need to go outside the box, and Viking Singer Pfaff are all one company now, you will see on the
Facebook Page for Singer Co. they are putting up sites for the other two companies.

Let me know how this turns out.

Cindy

Mon Feb 28, 2011 4:08 pm
Profile WWW
Queen Pixie
Queen Pixie

Machines: Janome MB-4 & 11000 SE & 5200QDC, SWF, Singer Xl-6000, Elna Serger 744, Brother Nouv 1500S

Software: Embird, Digitizer Pro, PatternMaker Pro, PCD
Hi Molly,

did you find the option to move the needle? you know we normally load the design but if we want to change where it will start in the hoop... there are generally arrows that allow us to move the where it will start.

I'd print a template of my design... lay it on the hoop and bring the arrow over that new center.

if you are not familiar or comfortable with printing templates, maybe this page will help:
http://www.myembroideryhaven.com/templates.html

Group: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/MyEmbroideryHaven/

Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:32 pm
Profile WWW
Thank you for all your suggestions. :D
I did talk to my Dealer and she called the Husquvarna/Viking expert who told her the machine will not do it. I have to go to the more expensive machines to get exact needle placement. So, it has been returned and I am hoping and praying the Brother Dealer will get my machine back to me this week. If not, I will be on the look out for a used Embroidery machine. :(
I really, really appreciate you all and the help I always get from this group. You are the best! Bravo
Molly

Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:51 pm

Pfaff Select 4.0
Singer Stylist II Serger

Monogram Wizard
Learning Embird -sigh-
Molly,

The same time you got your news I found out same thing from a friend.

Can I ask you to send me an email off line ?

I just want to ask you something.

cefcaf16 at hotmail dot com

Thu Mar 03, 2011 1:11 pm
Profile WWW
Sure, will email you right now.
:D

Thu Mar 03, 2011 5:21 pm
Queen Pixie
Queen Pixie

Machines: Janome MB-4 & 11000 SE & 5200QDC, SWF, Singer Xl-6000, Elna Serger 744, Brother Nouv 1500S

mollyp wrote:
Thank you for all your suggestions. :D
I did talk to my Dealer and she called the Husquvarna/Viking expert who told her the machine will not do it. I have to go to the more expensive machines to get exact needle placement. So, it has been returned and I am hoping and praying the Brother Dealer will get my machine back to me this week. If not, I will be on the look out for a used Embroidery machine. :(
I really, really appreciate you all and the help I always get from this group. You are the best! Bravo
Molly

no kidding??? even the smallest of the brother machines and janome machines have that option.

is it ill mannered of me to ask what is your budget... I'd be happy to point you towards a model of machine that would what you need.

I'm sorry, I'm having a frustrated moment... :lol:

Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:38 pm
Profile WWW
Marie, the Viking Dealer could not believe it either. Needless to say, I had no trouble at all in returning it. I don't even need the sewing feature of a machine so that was a wasted part of it too. Guess it was meant to be.

Anyway, I didn't want to spend over $1,500 and that just isn't enough to get a machine that does more than what my Brother does which I paid $900 about 2 years ago. I am either going to have to go very basic BUT it must have design adjustment in the hoop or go used. I am hoping and praying they will call me and tell me my Brother is fixed today! hello

Why are you frustrated?

Molly

Fri Mar 04, 2011 11:24 am

Machines: Viking Rose, Viking Designer 1, Janome 350e, Viking 850 Serger

Software: Embird 2006, Janome 10000, Viking (old version)

I am not good at any of them! LOL!
mollyp, I'm so sorry you had to return your machine but I have to agree that the ability to do exact placement is really important, especially if you want to multi-hoop or be very accurate with placement for any reason. I know you'll find an excellent used machine for that kind of money.

Fri Mar 04, 2011 5:32 pm
Queen Pixie
Queen Pixie

mollyp wrote:
Marie, the Viking Dealer could not believe it either. Needless to say, I had no trouble at all in returning it. I don't even need the sewing feature of a machine so that was a wasted part of it too. Guess it was meant to be.

Anyway, I didn't want to spend over $1,500 and that just isn't enough to get a machine that does more than what my Brother does which I paid $900 about 2 years ago. I am either going to have to go very basic BUT it must have design adjustment in the hoop or go used. I am hoping and praying they will call me and tell me my Brother is fixed today! hello

Why are you frustrated?

Molly

do you have a Janome dealer close to you? I'm thinking what you need is a 350e like Chere got. I know they sell for around 1500$ up here so I'm guessing they are much less in the US as it normally happens. You'd be getting an embroidery only machine... but with a 6x8 hoop sewing area with the option of getting a Gigahoop that you can flip and endup doing a 10x8 or something close to that.

what would be good about it is that apart from a USB key you probably wouldn't need to invest in anything else since you already have software and supplies. It's user friendly and many of us have one of those... Shirley I think has one... Delta has the MB4 like me... Chere has one... and I will have the 350e in my store in about a month so all of use would be able to walk you through most everything you'd like to do with it.

Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:25 pm
Profile WWW
Thanks Marie! I would online looking at all the choices again last night and the one I thought would do it was the Janome 350E !!! Too funny! :lol:

My dealer called me Saturday asking for permission to shave one a part that was causing the machine to seize up. I said sure, whatever it takes to get it back to me. Then after thinking about it, I thought, huh? shave a part?? This machine is just 2 years old! Oh well, hoping they call today and tell me it is ready to pick up and runs like a dream.

Thanks again for all the help. Thank You

Molly

Mon Mar 07, 2011 2:04 pm
Queen Pixie
Queen Pixie

always a pleasure!

Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:28 pm
Profile WWW

Got my Brother Machine back from repair and it is sewing like a dream.
Now I will rest and start saving for a replacement without the pressure.
Thanks!
Mollyp

Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:59 am

Machines: Brother Innovis 900d
Singer Futura SES 2000

Software: Singer
On the Singer Futura and like Viking machines it is easy to place the stitching, you do it in the hoop area on the computer screen before you send it to the machine, use the
trace feature to check placement,the trace feature stitches with one stitch in each corner a rectangular outline of where the stitching will be and if it is off you move the design on the computer screen to where it needs to go in the hoop and then send the design to the machine to stitch out, I find it works well as the hoop area on the computer screen and the hoop on the machine are about the same at 100% view setting, and the proportion is correct in regards to the stitching area at any zoom setting, I have a Singer Futura SES 2000.
I also have a Brother Innovis machine and it uses the arrows and I am not sure using both if I really like one system more than the other.

Best to all, Brett

Sat Apr 23, 2011 5:48 pm

Machines: Brother SE400, Viking Sapphire 835
I'm considering to buy the machine as I already outgrown my SE400 (only can do 4 x4 max). I'm a newbie to this forum. I found this forum thru google. I'm doing some research on H Class 600E machine. I register just to share an info i found about the capability of this machine to move the hoop to the area that we want it to start embroidery (correct me if i'm wrong and hope I'm referring to the same problem discussed here).

Not sure if I'm allowed to paste a link in this forum. But i give a try..here it is -
Video on how to do multiple hoop on H Class 600E

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=muuUEh0p ... r_embedded

at minute 5:27 and up the video did show how to move the hoop to do the point placement. And..this video is up at the viking website too. Hurm...comment anyone?

Mon Jul 18, 2011 12:20 am
Queen Pixie
Queen Pixie

Bringing this to the top and my apologies to our new member... your post was hiding and I just found it...

Welcome to our Haven and know that this won't be happening again... :lol:

Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:20 am
Profile WWW

Welcome! This is a fantastic forum. I always get my answers and everyone is super nice.
That was a great Tutorial on multi-hooping for the 600SE.
I returned the one I bought after several days once I discovered I could not move the needle position on the machine. I learned with that function on my Brother PE700 and think it is too important not to have. My Dealer for this machine was also amazed it could not do this.

So, I am saving for a better machine.

Good luck in your search.

Molly

Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:37 am

Machines: Viking Rose, Viking Designer 1, Janome 350e, Viking 850 Serger

Software: Embird 2006, Janome 10000, Viking (old version)

I am not good at any of them! LOL!
Looks as if we might have two new members here; Brett and mgmama; sorry I didn't welcome both of you earlier but I was a bit out of commission the past few months. Thanks for helping with advice! And Welcome to the Haven!

Sun Aug 07, 2011 1:03 pm