It is currently Fri Nov 28, 2014 7:51 am

Embroidery Hoop Storage 

Post Embroidery Hoop Storage
I am wondering if anyone has a link to a pattern for making a cloth embroidery hoop storage thingy (for lack of a better word to describe it :oops:

THANKS for any and all help !

Sat Jul 02, 2011 10:24 pm
Marie's Angel
Marie's Angel

Machines: Bernina 180,1130,1300MDC serger
Pfaff Creative Vision

Software: Artista v5
Post Re: Embroidery Hoop Storage
hmmmmm...do you want something to hang, lie flat, individual or multiple hoop storage???? Sounds like an interesting project.

Mon Jul 04, 2011 7:12 pm

Machines: Designer 1 - original/10+ years old
White Jeans Machine
Huskylock 936
Free (1903 model in a quarter-sawn chestnut cabinet). See an original ad here: http://www.ismacs.net/free/fly11.html

Software: 4D Embroidery - includes Extra with the Organizer and the add-on Design Enhancer.
Wasn't there a discussion here on this previously? I want to say that someone found a pattern on Erica's site, but I just looked on her site and couldn't find it. And ... gee ... I thought there was a free set of instructions on the Viking site, but not finding anything there either.

:???:

Mon Jul 04, 2011 9:12 pm
Profile WWW

Machines: Bernina 830, Bernina 580, Babylock Imagine Serger, Janome CP 900 Coverstitch, Janome Expression Needle Felting Machine, Singer Spartan (for quilting)

Software: Artista Editor + V.5, Embird, Sew What Pro 64, Artlink 6
Lynn, could you be getting hoop holder confused with stabilizer holders? I have seen quite a few designs for those. I finally found one that may have enough slots for all my stabilizer rolls! :lol:

Tue Jul 05, 2011 4:18 pm

Machines: Designer 1 - original/10+ years old
White Jeans Machine
Huskylock 936
Free (1903 model in a quarter-sawn chestnut cabinet). See an original ad here: http://www.ismacs.net/free/fly11.html

Software: 4D Embroidery - includes Extra with the Organizer and the add-on Design Enhancer.
Nope ... am sure it was a hoop holder and am kind of sure it was discussed here. I made a stabilizer holder at least 10 years ago and know where to find that pattern! I paid attention because I had contemplated the hoop holder for the opposite side of the cabinet my stabilizer holder resides on.

Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:07 pm
Profile WWW

THANK YOU ladies ..... yes, Roxann - to hang and to hold multiple hoops although, having said that, several hoops could be together in one large pocket - i.e. for my Ellisimo ........ the 8 x 12; 8 x 8 and 5 x 7 in one pocket and then perhaps the 4 x 4 and 1 x 2.5 in a smaller pocket - for my Janome I just have two hoops so they could both be in one pocket.

Maybe I'll just have to *re-invent* the wheel and make one of my own design :lol: I think I might go and pick up some jean denim and make it out of that and put a little fancy embroidery on the pocket(s)

Barbra

Wed Jul 06, 2011 2:54 am
Marie's Angel
Marie's Angel

Machines: Bernina 180,1130,1300MDC serger
Pfaff Creative Vision

Software: Artista v5
Aha! We did have a discussion about this once upon a time..... it is in the tip jar now. viewtopic.php?f=11&t=8265
I should think of a better way to store some of my hoops too...one set is easy as there is a bulletin board sort of a backdrop for one of my machines and the hoops just hang on it. For the other machine....a lot more haphazard....I'd sure be in a tizzy if one of them got broken due to my carelessness. :oops:

Wed Jul 06, 2011 3:07 am

There is/was a pattern out there for a hoop holder that Erica did sell at one time. I also checked and it is no longer listed. I have the pattern but it will take a little doing to find where it is. I met the designer at a sewing event, I think MP's and I got one of her patterns. At the time, it was the only pattern she had. I never did make it however. On the side of one of my cabinets I used those 3M sticky-on hooks and hang the hoops. I put the smaller ones inside of my cabinet doors. They are out of the way but still handy when needed. I will post later if I can find the pattern.
Del

Wed Jul 06, 2011 12:01 pm

I have the pattern in front of me. It is called a Viking Hoop Holder, made by CJ Shoemaker Designs, copyright 2004. Ericas did carry it at one time, but don't see it now. I have Googled every name and reference I could find on this pattern and can find nothing now. Because I have never used this pattern and cannot imagine that I ever will at this point, I will be happy to give it to you if you would like it. Just let me know.
Del

Wed Jul 06, 2011 3:14 pm