It is currently Sun May 28, 2017 9:48 pm

Sewing Accessories 
Marie's Angel
Marie's Angel

Machines: Viking SE, Huskylock 905

Software: Embird
Post Sewing Accessories
SCISSORS CHATELAINE: by Shirley-Calgary

Well, our very clever Shirley took a design from one of Marie's beautiful sets and used it to come up with this gorgeous scissors holder. Here is the link to the design: http://www.myembroideryhaven.com/shop/p ... cts_id=194

And here are Shirley's instructions:

"I hooped two layers of Floriani wet and gone and did two at a time in my 5x7 hoop one flipped upside down use same colour thread top and bottom. When done trim closely and using a bodkin thread two pieces of ribbon together - start at the top of the cone shape down and then up the other side at the beginning and ending spot you will need to fish out one strand of the skinny ribbon to tie in a bow. I left the Floriani in so that the scissors would not poke or get hung up on the lace. Voila done!!!". Marie suggests that you could also Sew the two together (I actually did this using another design) and then you could skip the ribbon. Also, I tried lining a design and it worked fairly well but needs more work before I post the instructions. It ended up a bit ragged at the sides but I think this could be solved with better planning. I stitched in white cotton and lined with a lovely soft flannel that had pink and green roses on it. The lining peeked through the lace and the effect was really pretty. In that case I washed out the WSS.

Fri Nov 16, 2007 6:06 pm